About the Sisters



 


We met in March of 1977, and we have been sisters ever since!  Neva was a great sister up until around age 5 she wouldn't let me watch movies so I bit her, after that things were never the same a few years later, she then revealed the truth....
 I was adopted!  I was a homeless newborn that mom and dad had found in the garbage, -- Neva Age 8
She pointed at me with her chubby little kid fingers and laughed, an evil little kid laugh
NOBODY WANTED you, they all felt sorry for you so they took you in -- Neva @ age 8
Later in the day when I asked my dad if I was adopted dad laughed at me, looked at Neva then looked me in the eye and said it was the truth, I in fact belonged to the Army and at age 18 they would have to return me!  I then screamed and ran and hid under the sink in the downstairs bathroom!  We do get along now, and I have forgiven her and have moved on after several thousands of dollars spent on counseling!!

Why are we crafty?  Well we both came from a craft mom who was always sewing pretty dresses, making neat little things, and always encouraging us to craft and do art projects with her.  Over the years this has stuck with us and now we both have Etsy & Artfire shops and participate in First Friday Art Walk and starting next month will be a part of Second Saturday Art Walk here in Sacramento.

2 comments:

Neva February 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

What a horrid big sister you had.

Aimée - Metamorph Designs February 14, 2010 at 3:10 AM  

I know right :P

Post a Comment

Our Reviews
"Anyone who appreciates fine arts and crafts will enjoy this fine site! Great job! Best wishes!"

Richard
whitecollarcrimeingeorgia.blogspot.com
"I loved going through your site, you have a ton of information. That's why I am bookmarking you! :) I love handmade and the way you feature handmade artists if fantastic. The lastest post with the lady with the wild lovely hair is great, I hope someone gets it for you!"

michelle
sierrasnowsoaps.blogspot.com
"Elegant, simple, informative and useful. These are the words that come to mind to describe the art piece that is this blog. The Butterfly Maiden Fairy painting is surreal!"

Wilmaryad
gayarabguy.blogspot.com/
Get your own reviews, free traffic at
free web site trafffic and promotion
click here
Blog contents © Sugar Sisters 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.